Sunday, July 23, 2006

normal

Today I felt recovered. Yesterday was a nothing day. I did nothing, feeling so exhausted I could barely lift myself off the sofa. In the afternoon I dozed. But today my energy returned and I have almost finished packing. The Grand Tour this year takes us down into Spain for a few days, back up into France, first to Arles, then Avignon and Aix En Provence getting back to England at the end of August. Tuesday sees me leaving for Germany, where I can chill out for a week (can you really chill in such hot weather?) while J finishes his term.
I'm reading the last few pages of a Richard Zimler book at the moment, Guardian of the Dawn. I'll finish that on the plane and then start on Hunting Midnight. A couple of years ago I read The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon and find that I lose myself easily in his words. The descriptions are so vivid you find yourself transported in time to the place he takes his reader to in his books. An impressive talent.
One of these days I'm going to re-read the Dark Materials trilogy, but other books I want to read keep getting in the way! Will I ever catch up with myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone....beeeeep!