Friday, December 21, 2007

I thought my cellulite was getting bad, but...

I've just found a lipoma on my thigh, at least that's what my GP says it is and it's going to be removed. For those in the audience (Have I even got one? For all I know I could be talking to myself!) not in the know, a lipoma is a benign tumour, largely made up of fat, I think. This is not some ploy to get liposuction on the NHS and sucking it out is not an option, as far as I know. At the moment it's about 8cm across and the doctor said it would just get bigger if left. It's weird really, being so big, you'd have thought that I would have noticed it sooner. Something to look forward to in 2008 :-/

3 comments:

  1. Hei Navas, no, I'm here so you're definitely not talking to yourself. Sorry to hear about the lipoma thing - but as long as it's benign, it's more an annoyance than anything, yes?

    Wishing you a happy Boxing Day anyway, and hoping you've had a lovely Christmas so far.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor says it'll be day surgery under general anaesthetic and that it'll be very painful for a few days. As long as that's it, I'll cope. I suppose at the back of my mind is that I imagine walking might hurt and that I might not be able to drive for a while.
    Have had a lovely Christmas so far, thanks, including a conversation with a couple of foreigners in Helsinki and a video chat with a heap of cousins in Spain. Hope yours is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, those foreigners in Helsinki. Hope they are doing well, too - I'm too hermitty to see anybody at the moment, I fear.

    Hei, thanks, yes, it's been lovely not moving to a timetable for once, but I'm distinctly bad at that, so am now beginning to feel agitated, like I ought to be achieving things...

    Hope the surgery is less painful and debilitating than you're now envisioning it. Will obviously be thinking about you when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone....beeeeep!