Friday, June 19, 2009

Commercial break

The other week I decided that the time had come to see if there might be some people out there in the big wide world who would want to buy my photos. In a flurry of activity, I set up an account with Red Bubble, who take care of all the hard work for me and I am now able to offer any of my photos as greeting cards, prints of all types and even posters! I was pleasantly surprised when, within the first few days, I sold three greeting cards :-)
I have taken a small selection and uploaded them to my Reb Bubble site, but any of the photos on my Flickr page can be made available by request.
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you can see a slideshow of the Red Bubble photos and a link to find them. If you're too lazy to scroll, there's another link on the right hand side of the page :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Red Bubble. I haven't got round to it yet.

    I had someone this week wanting to use one of my photos . The woman is a web-designer so I checked her site and according to that she has some big clients. I wrote back saying she could have the photo for £110 but I would retain ownership. I asked her what type of client she wanted it for and which page on the web site it would be on. So far I haven't heard anything back so I think she only wanted it for free.

    I have had photos for free used for non-commercial sites and am happy with that - I prefer that they ask first. My son said I should have asked more anyway, apparently the going rate is about £250!

    Anyway, at least she asked me. It was nice to be asked.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a small handful of photos being used elsewhere, so far, apart from Red Bubble, for free but always asked for and credited. The latest request was from a researcher for a Channel 4 programme last week. Trouble is, they see them on Flickr and assume you don't want paying. Everyone wants them for free.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone....beeeeep!