Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lump-free

Two posts in one day - this is a record for me! Yesterday I had my lipoma removed which I found shortly before Christmas. I have to say the whole experience was remarkable and I have nothing but praise for the NHS!
I was admitted at 8, taken down to theatre at 9 and was given a light general anaesthetic. I woke in the recovery ward and just felt like I'd had a nice little nap. I was back in my little room (called 'cabins' these are individual rooms for each patient) by 10. Tea and toast brought to me a few minutes later, I was home by 12!

I've had very little pain so far, although my leg does feel stiff and I didn't sleep very well last night. I'm a side-lyer and can't put too much pressure on my right side for very long ever since I fell down some stairs last summer. My left leg is stitched up so I can't lie on that side either. Lying on my back is OK for a very short while.

I shouldn't complain really. At least I don't have to go back to work until I've fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone....beeeeep!